See 'WikiDevi' @ the Internet Archive (MW XML, Files, Images)
upgraded MW to 1.30 - maybe things are slightly less broken
- Module name(s): wil6210
- Authorship tag: vendor, community
- License governing driver source code: ISC
- Status: in-kernel (WIP)
- MAC architecture / mode: SoftMAC
- Driver framework(s): cfg80211
- Firmware status tags: required
- Firmware license tags: redistribution allowed, closed source
Limitations / unimplemented functionality NOS
- Currently missing functionality:
- Notable limitations:
- STA (Station) mode: supported
- IBSS (Ad-Hoc) mode: supported
- AP (Master) mode: supported
- Mesh (802.11s) mode: unknown
- P2P mode: unknown
- Monitor mode: supported
- Packet injection: unknown
- Wil6120, Wil6220, Wil6225
Supported (probably) devices
|Interface||FCC ID||Manuf.||Vendor ID||Device ID||Chip1_model||PHY modes||MIMO config||OUI||FCC_date|
|Dell Wireless 1601 WiGig (DW1601)||Mini PCIe (half)||PPD-QCA9005||USI||168c||0034||Wil6120||abgn+ad||2x2:2||00:1A:6B|
|Qualcomm Atheros QCA9005||Mini PCIe (half)||PPD-QCA9005|
|Qualcomm Atheros QCA9006NFC||NGFF||Wil6220||abgn+ac+ad||2x2:2|
|Qualcomm Atheros QCA9006WBD||Mini PCIe (half)||Wil6220||abgn+ac+ad||2x2:2|
- On the Linux Wireless Wiki
- The wil6210 driver supports 60GHz wireless card by Qualcomm Atheros (Wilocity).
- Hardware provides WiFi and wireless PCIe connectivity, as described in the WiGig WBE spec.
- Driver supports Wi-Fi only. Card is PCIe device, with PCIe ID: 1ae9:0310
- There are old version of the Qualcomm 60GHz card, with PCIe ID: 1ae9:0301 it is not supported.
- wil6210 device, 1ae9:0310, has one 2Mb BAR; it supports MSI interrupt.
- Network features. For the WiFi connection, implemented is 802.11ad spec.
- Supported are channels 1..3 with corresponded frequencies 58320, 60480, 62640 MHz.
- wil6210 use cfg80211 framework, but not mac80211.