See 'WikiDevi' @ the Internet Archive (MW XML, Files, Images)
upgraded MW to 1.30 - maybe things are slightly less broken
TP-LINK Archer T4U
AC1200 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter
"2052500409" and the TP-LINK logo is silkscreened on the board in the FCC photos.
The USB ID for this device is per the driver set for the Amped Wireless ACA1.
- The device description matches up with TP-LINK's tag line for this device.
- TP-LINK Archer T4U Teardown on MakerForce (internal images)
Review of Linux Compatibility
TP-Link Archer T4U is a USB WiFi adapter for WiFi connections to 802.11ac standard.
- The stick supports USB 3.0 and has the USB ID: 2357:0101
BUS 002 Device 023: ID 2357:0101
The stick bases on the Realtek RTL8812AU chipset, which currently
- is not automatically recognized by the Linux kernel.
- A driver for the Realtek chipset of the T4U is provided by Edimax.
- However, the USB ID of the TP-Link Archer T4U is not known to this driver.
- Therefore, a patched version of the Edimax driver exists, where the USB ID was added.
Open Source Driver
There is also an open source driver under development. This driver can be downloaded from GitHub:
git clone https://github.com/abperiasamy/rtl8812AU_8821AU_linux.git cd rtl8812AU_8821AU_linux/
As of Oct 16, 2016 this driver contains the USB ID of the Archer T4U.
The driver can be compiled and installed with:
make sudo make install
If the TP-Link Archer T4U is plugged in, the kernel module rtl8812au should be loaded automatically:
usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=2357, idProduct=0101 usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3 usb 1-1: Product: 802.11n NIC usb 1-1: Manufacturer: Realtek usb 1-1: SerialNumber: 123456 cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain 8812au: module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel cfg80211: World regulatory domain updated: cfg80211: (start_freq - end_freq @ bandwidth), (max_antenna_gain, max_eirp) cfg80211: (2402000 KHz - 2472000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm) cfg80211: (2457000 KHz - 2482000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm) cfg80211: (2474000 KHz - 2494000 KHz @ 20000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm) cfg80211: (5170000 KHz - 5250000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm) cfg80211: (5735000 KHz - 5835000 KHz @ 40000 KHz), (300 mBi, 2000 mBm) usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8812au
- TP-LINK Archer T4U v1 - AC1200 Wireless Dual Band USB 3.0 Adapter
- TP-LINK Archer T4U v2 - AC1300 Wireless Dual Band USB 3.0 Adapter
- TP-LINK Archer T4UH - AC1300 High Gain Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter
- TP-LINK Archer T4UH v2 - AC1300 High Gain Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter
- TP-LINK Archer T4UHP - AC1300 High Power Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter