See 'WikiDevi' @ the Internet Archive (MW XML, Files, Images)
upgraded MW to 1.30 - maybe things are slightly less broken
Securifi Almond (2012)
Ralink.For a list of all currently documented Ralink chipsets with specifications, see
Easy Setup Touchscreen Wi-Fi Router
- Processor: Ralink RT3052 @384MHz (MIPS)
- Wireless Connectivity: 802.11bgn (300Mbps MIMO)
- Touch Screen LCD 2.8″, 320 x 240
- The Securifi Almond claims to be the first WiFi router with a touch screen. However, it is in fact the first (widely available, at least) commercially available router with a touchscreen.
- The D-Link DIR 865 was announced at CES 2010.. but it was never released. The SMC SMCITG100 may have beaten it to the punch.. but it was never released into the North American market and it likely never reached much adoption in the markets it did occupy.
The power adapter included with the device is a
- DEE VAN DSC-6PFA-05 FUS 050100 (+5V/1A)
|DVE DSC-6PFA-05 FUS 050100 (more)|
|Input: 100-240 VAC ~ 50/60 Hz, 0.2 A|
| Input connector: unknown|
Style: small Manuf. in: China
|Output: 5 VDC, 1 A|
| Output connector: barrel (center +)|
OD: 5.5 mm ID: 2.1 mm LEN: 9.5 mm
- "PR5E" is silkscreened on the board in the FCC photos.
- Two RFaxis RFX2402 Front-End ICs (LNA, PA, etc) accompany the RT3052.
- This device is running Linux.
- The default PIN to unlock the device's touchscreen is 1234
- The default login for the web interface is :
- Login: admin
- Password: admin
- The default network password is unique for every device.
- The device also functions as a Range Extender. Per SmallNetBuilder, the
- when functioning as an extender, _almond is appended to the target SSID.
- Note that in newer firmware releases, this can simply be removed to allow
- for roaming between wireless access points.
- SSID visible in Range Extender menu in a sample screen shot. Four use
- 00:21:A4 (Dbii Networks) OUIs while one uses an E4:71:85 (Securifi) OUI.
- WiGLE shows 5 instances of this SSID pattern (Almond-XXXX_nomap).
- The default SSID is in the format of Almond-xxxx_nomap, where xxxx
- is a randomly generated number.
- The _nomap tag provides protection from Google's data collection.
- There may be an option to turn this off.
- Software Version AL1-R177: Almond supports multiple languages.
- Software Version AL1-R193: Almond supports English, German,
- French, Spanish, Russian and Japanese
- AL1-R196 added Traditional Chinese and Brazilian Portuguese