See 'WikiDevi' @ the Internet Archive (MW XML, Files, Images)
upgraded MW to 1.30 - maybe things are slightly less broken
108 Mbps Wireless Firewall Router
Appears to use the same main board as the WGR614v2 (see TechInfoDepot below).
Same as Netgear_WGT624v2
0000000: 4148 3030 4333 89ce 0012 52f4 d1ec 1312 AH00C3....R.....
0000010: a4ba e5bc 0ef5 5c86 77dd 2caa 0001 0014 ......\.w.,.....
0000020: 5531 3248 3031 3754 3030 5f4e 4554 4745 U12H017T00_NETGE
0000030: 4152 0001 7371 7a02 2386 0101 d452 1200 AR..sqz.#....R..
0000040: 0000 0000 9c45 4800 0000 0000 5253 ae17 .....EH.....RS..
0000050: c9f4 df8d 001e 01fc 08c1 8d2c 2975 58f3 ...........,)uX.
0000060: f498 17f6 2507 c075 3af8 1d73 b2ad bc3c ....%..u:..s...<
0000070: a492 59bc b74b 2843 f9e7 550f 9113 3e1a ..Y..K(C..U...>.
0000080: 444e 43ee 8a0e 466a 6051 63c5 9d54 e311 DNC...Fj`Qc..T..
0000090: e68b 32e0 4a3a 23ac 3919 2a13 568b d6cc ..2.J:#.9.*.V...
00000a0: 484b 60a3 4ea1 048c 85fc 85c0 b21b cc13 HK`.N...........
00000b0: 5d2c dff4 d550 3a1b 6a34 bf6f 8610 235d ],...P:.j4.o..#]
II. New Features
New Features in 4.2.4
- With this firmware the WGT624 and WGT624v2 passes the official Microsoft Xbox Live certification.
- Adds static IP option for PPPoE (when applicable with ISP) .
New Features Since 4.1.11
- Added eXtended Range (XR).
- Added Adaptive Radio (AR).
- Changed UPnP to be enabled by default.
- French wireless channels are updated to reflect a new regulatory requirement.
III. Modifications and Bug Fixes
Modifications in 4.2.11
- Fixes issue with PPPoE that the router loses WAN connection after the ISP clears the circuits ( a reboot of the router was required with older firmware).
- Removes Auto-108 Mode from Japanese version.
- Adds Auto-108 Mode for France and Israel.
- Israel wireless channels are 1-13 now.
Modifications in 4.2.1
- The "108 Only" mode and associated Adaptive Radio option were removed to conform to Wi-Fi certification requirements. After this upgrade, if that mode was selected, "Auto 108" mode is automatically selected, instead.
Fixes Since 4.2.6
- Fixes "108M-only" performance issue for some units.
- Fixes "wireless interference causes system reboot/lockup" issue.
- Fixes problem with 4.2.6 that caused some routers to reboot repeatedly after upgrade from 4.2.4 which required a factory default reset to get it work again
Bug Fixes Since 4.2.4
- UPnP enabled by default.
- Fixed firmware downgrade exception (before this release, downgrading from 4.2.4 to previous version required a hardware reset).
Bug Fixes Since 4.1.11
- Fixed that Macintosh browser can't access the main page of the router configuration GUI.
- Fixed that the router updates the DDNS server unnecessarily frequently.
- Fixed that visiting the same Web site logged multiple entries.
- Fixed the router won't port forward for DNS lookup from the WAN side to the LAN side.
- Fixed with ICQ application support.
Bug Fixes Since 4.1.8
- Fixed Check Point VPN Connection Drop issue (when using UDP encapsulation).
- Fixed Vonage VoIP call connection drop issue.
IV. Known Issues
- If voice in MSN Messenger does not work, disabling UPnP will fix it. Note that even if UPnP is disabled, voice in MSN Messenger 7.0 beta might not work every time, requiring restarting Messenger.