See 'WikiDevi' @ the Internet Archive (MW XML, Files, Images)
upgraded MW to 1.30 - maybe things are slightly less broken
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (7260NGW)
802.11abgn+ac, 2x2, Dual Band Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0, NGFF
"PB # G83453-001", "WP2 NGFF PCIe B1 E5", and addl. PCB text (date code
4712, Nov. 2012) is silkscreened on the back of the module in the FCC photos.
FCC ID PD97260NGU (approval 04/22/2013) is presumably for the 7260NGW model
- (7260NGWU?) for vendors using BIOS lockdown of wireless module.
FCC ID PD97260NG (approval 04/17/2013) is presumably the standard 7260HMW model.
There is an 00:15:00 OUI on the label pictured on the device in the FCC label shots.
- Per the photos @ the Sony SVF13NA1EL 's FCC filing, it's using W308AK1L.
- The antenna connectors used are MHF4.
Devices likely using this module
- A Class II permissive change made 07/02/2013 states that the module
- was approved for use in the Samsung Armor3-13T tablet PC
- (using Skycross B130110 and B130111 antennas).
- The label shot shows a device with a model NP940X3G (940X), which
- appears to be the Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus (on Ultrabook News).
- Another C2PC made 10/21/2013 notes the Dell T07G is covered
- (and using Acon antennas APP6P700913 + APP6P700914)
The Intel Wireless-AC 7260 is a PCIe NGFF (M.2) Card which supports 802.11ac and Bluetooth connections.
- The card has the PCI ID 8086:08b1
02:00.0 Network controller : Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 [8086:08b1] (rev 6b) Subsystem: Intel Corporation Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 [8086:c070] Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi Kernel modules: iwlwifi
and is fully supported by the Linux kernel (tested under Arch Linux 1.4 with Linux kernel of version 4.1.0).
- The WiFi driver (iwlwifi) is loaded automatically:
Intel(R) Wireless WiFi driver for Linux Copyright(c) 2003- 2015 Intel Corporation iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002) iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: loaded firmware version 18.104.22.168 op_mode iwlmvm iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: Detected Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 7260, REV=0x144 iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: L1 Enabled - LTR Disabled iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: L1 Enabled - LTR Disabled
The Bluetooth chipset is internally connected via USB and has the USB ID 8087:07dc
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:07dc Intel Corp.
The chipset is fully supported and is automatically activated by the kernel:
Bluetooth: Core ver 2.20 NET: Registered protocol family 31 Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized