See 'WikiDevi' @ the Internet Archive (MW XML, Files, Images)
upgraded MW to 1.30 - maybe things are slightly less broken
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (7260HMW)
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Card
802.11abgn+ac, 2x2, Dual Band Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0, Mini PCIe (half)
"WP2 P9", "PB # G83449-001", and addl. PCB text (date code 4712, Nov. 2012)
- is silkscreened on the back of the module in the FCC photos.
- FCC ID PD97260H is presumably the standard 7260HMW model.
- FCC ID PD97260HU is presumably for the 7260HMW model (7260HMWU?)
- for vendors using BIOS lockdown of wireless module.
- Per a CIIPC made 08/19/2013, Dell appears to be using the modules in certain Wyse thin clients.
The PCI ID used in this entry is for one card of unknown provenance. It is, however, marked as follows...
- Model: 7260HMW
- TA: G94295-003
- SPS: 710661-001 0C
- CMIT ID: 2013AJ0758
- The card is certified under the following additional IDs...
- WFA17147, 11/26/2012, a/b/g/n, 2x2
- WFA19388, 04/15/2013, a/b/g/n, 2x2, w/ WPS and Wi-Fi Direct noted
There is an 00:15:00 OUI on the label pictured on the device in the FCC label shots.
Review of Linux Compatibility
- Intel Wireless-AC 7260.HMWG (Wi-Fi, 802.11ac, Dual Band, Bluetooth, HMC)
- The Intel Wireless-AC 7260 is a PCIe Half Mini Card which supports 802.11ac and Bluetooth connections.
The card has the PCI ID 8086:08b1
02:00.0 Network controller : Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 [8086:08b1] (rev 6b) Subsystem: Intel Corporation Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 [8086:c070] Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi Kernel modules: iwlwifi
- and is fully supported by the Linux kernel (tested under Arch Linux 1.4 with Linux kernel of version 4.1.0).
- However, the driver needs a special iwlwifi firmware which is normally part of the Linux distribution (see firmware-iwlwifi).
The WiFi driver (iwlwifi) is loaded automatically:
Intel(R) Wireless WiFi driver for Linux Copyright(c) 2003- 2015 Intel Corporation iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002) iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: loaded firmware version 126.96.36.199 op_mode iwlmvm iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: Detected Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless AC 7260, REV=0x144 iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: L1 Enabled - LTR Disabled iwlwifi 0000:02:00.0: L1 Enabled - LTR Disabled
The Bluetooth chipset is internally connected via USB and has the USB ID 8087:07dc
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:07dc Intel Corp.
The chipset is fully supported and is automatically activated by the kernel:
Bluetooth: Core ver 2.20 NET: Registered protocol family 31 Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized