See 'WikiDevi' @ the Internet Archive (MW XML, Files, Images)
upgraded MW to 1.30 - maybe things are slightly less broken
Google Nexus 7 (Gen 2, Wi-Fi only, 32 GB)
- Per Wikipedia, the device was released on 2013-07-26.
The model number appears to be NEXUS7 ASUS-2B32.
The ASUS P/N of this device is ME571K (K008).
- It should hopefully be essentially identical to the 16 GB version, besides the eMMC change.
Per the FCC test report...
- The mainboard model is ME571K_MB.
- The device is using a Qualcomm APQ8064 (Snapdragon (System on Chip) on Wikipedia), 1067 NSP
- Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 MDP/TMobile Development Platform/Tablets on the Qualcomm Developer Network site
- The GPS chip used in this device is presumed to be WGR7640, the specified chip for the used platform
- Additional specified chips for the platform...
- PM8921 + PM8821 (PMICs)
- WCN3360 (WLAN + BT + FM)
- WCD9310 (Audio)
- The Wi-Fi IC is a Qualcomm Atheros WCN3660 (802.11a/b/g/n, 1x1:1)
- The LCD panel in use is a JDI (Japan Display Inc.) LT070ME05000.
- The eMMC in use is a hynix H26M64002DQR.
- The battery in use is an ASUS C11P1303 - 3.8VDC, 3950mAh / 15Wh
- The front-facing camera (1.2 MP) is a Lite-On 12P2BA536.
- The rear facing camera (5 MP) is a Chicony CJAC53220003870LH.
- Chargers mentioned are..
- ASUS PSM06A-050Q (100-240VAC ~ 50/60Hz, 0.25A -> 5.2VDC, 1.35A)
- ASUS PA-1070-07 (100-240VAC ~ 50/60Hz, 0.3A -> 5.2VDC, 1.35A)
- Per iFixit's images (and addl. text)... (most P/Ns and all addl. chips are per iFixit's data..)
- The device has a QG-Display WD-MP070VB 7" LCD screen
- "ME571K_MB REV. 1.4" and "PCB MADE IN TAIWAN" is silkscreened on the main board.
- "ME571K_WIFI_3DC" is silkscreneed on the Wi-Fi antenna
- The speakers carry a P/N of DN17128L000
Additional specifications, per its Google Play store page, follow...
- CPU: Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Pro, 1.5GHz
- GPU: Adreno 320, 400MHz
- Screen (size, resolution, etc): 7", 1920x1200, HD IPS, w/ scratch-resistant Corning® glass
- Dimensions: 114 mm x 200 mm x 8.65 mm
- Weight: 290 g0.29 kg
- Battery: 3,950 mAh (up to 9 hrs. active use), built-in inductive charging coil (Qi compatible)
- Additional: Micro USB (data+charging) port (SlimPort™ [HDMI over Micro USB] enabled), Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, compass
Something is up with the 2013 Nexus 7’s GPS on Ars Technica
New Nexus 7 plagued by GPS glitch on C|Net (below links are from C|Net...)
- Thread regarding the issue on the Google Mobile Help Forum on the Google Product Forums
- Thread regarding the issue on the xda-developers forum
- Thread regarding the issue on the Android Central forum