WikiDevi will be going offline 2019-10-31. For historical dumps of the database, see 'WikiDevi' @ the Internet Archive (MW XML, Files, Images).
Final dumps will be made available after the site goes offline.
There is no chance the data will not live on, in some form - even if it isn't 'WikiDevi' anymore. For example, see TechInfoDepot.
"8WPCG09..3A1G" is silkscreened on the board in the FCC photos.
The original driver, dated 2006-05-04 and with a version of 22.214.171.124, works well in Windows 2000 and XP (and possibly Vista and Windows 7), however installs but malfunctions in Windows 8.1 32-bit.
That driver can be downloaded from driveridentifier.com
Was able to get the device functional in Windows 8.1 32-bit as follows:
1. Download "IS_AP_STA_RT6x_D-126.96.36.199_VA-188.8.131.52_W7-184.108.40.206_RU-220.127.116.11_AU-18.104.22.168_082409_22.214.171.124_Free.exe"
- It should be 27,549,036 bytes, with a file version of 126.96.36.199974.
2. Run the file (in compatibility mode if a Windows 8.1 system) to extract the drivers to the %windir%\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository folder.
3. Copy the drivers folder just created (likely netr61.inf_x86_67984b32b0a15d68) to an unrestricted area such as C:\Drivers\.
4. In the unrestricted area, and using Notepad, open the netr61.inf file for editing.
5. Find the line that starts with "%Ralink_0302.DeviceDesc%", copy that entire line, then insert it as a new line just below the original so that the same identical line now appears twice.
6. In the line just inserted, change "SUBSYS_25611814" to "SUBSYS_3C831948" so that it reads "PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_0302&SUBSYS_3C831948".
7. Save the changes to the netr61.inf file.
8. Device Manager > Other devices > Network Controller > right click and choose "Update Drivers Software..." >
- choose "Browse my computer for dirver software" > Browse to the folder that contains, among other driver files, the edited netr61.inf file >
- click Next > consent to installing the driver and wait for the installation to complete > "Ralink RT61 Wireless LAN Card V2" should be installed.
9. Check that you can now view Networks to connect to.