See 'WikiDevi' @ the Internet Archive (MW XML, Files, Images)
ASUS RT-AC68U Extreme
AC2900 Dual-Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
"RT-AC86U REV 1.40" and "1650" is silkscreened on the board.
- Web GUI: http://router.asus.com
According to the Model Names Confirmation Letter at the FCC:
- ASUS RT-AC86U (RT-AC86A/RT-AC86P/RT-AC86R/RT-AC86X)
- ASUS RT-AC68U Extreme, ASUS RT-AC2900 (ASUS AC2900)
The difference between these models is only for marketing purpose.
- are identical in electrical, mechanical and physical design.
XX in the default SSID refers to the last two digits of 2.4GHz
- MAC address found on the label on the back of the router.
A Class II Permissive Change Letter submitted to the FCC 11/14/2017 indicates two major changes to the product:
- 1. Add WLAN 5G band 2 and band 3 functions (DFS)
- 2. Add Mesh function. (AiMesh)
- ASUS RT-AC86U on SNB forums (RMerlin)
- ASUS RT-AC86U on OpenITforum (PL)
- ASUS RT-AC86U on Asus forums (TW)
- ASUS RT-AC86U on AsusSmart (CN)
- ASUS GT-AC9600 - ROG Rapture Aura 10G Gaming Router
- ASUS GT-AC5300 - ROG Rapture Tri-Band Gaming Router
- ASUS ROG Areion 10G - 10GbE PCI-Express LAN Card