note: updated server, all traffic is currently redirected to HTTPS, LMK if there are any issues..
Wireless-AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit Router
The ASUS logo, "RT-AC68U", "REV 1.60", and <...>"-1ZB2000" is silkscreened on the board in the FCC photos.
- The manufacturer stated in the test report is Askey Technology (Jiangsu) Ltd..
- Per the FCC photos...
- The SoC used would seem to be (poor image quality..) BCM4708A0 / BCM4709A0 (BCM470[8/9]A0KFEBG, TT1311 P10, 272573-04 B18 [??]). Visual inspection of actual product confirms BCM4708A.
- Two BCM4360s provide the wireless interfaces for this device.
- The shown power supply is an ASUS branded AD890326 (100-240VAC ~ 50/60Hz, 0.8A -> 19VDC, 1.75A).
- Per SmallNetBuilder's conversation w/ Broadcom, TurboQAM functionality is integrated into Broadcom
802.11ac chips - allowing QAM256 usage in the 2.4GHz band.
This device would seem to be running Linux kernel 18.104.22.168 (brcmarm).
[RT-AC68U][RT-AC68U_V2][RT-AC69U] 802.11ac Concurrent Dual-band AC1900. (600Mbps/2.4GHz*+1300Mbps/5GHz) Welcome to the ASUS Networking Family!
- This certification also applies to the RT-AC68R.
Addl. specs, from ASUS's product page, follow...
- Expansion IFs: 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 220 mm x 160 mm x 83.3 mm
- Weight: 640 g
- Rev A1 unit, 74:D0:2B OUI
 Forum threads
- CES 2013 Day 0 - ASUS Networking Products on YouTube (3:30)
- ASUS Announces Next-Generation Wi-Fi Devices and New Portable Projector - ASUS Press Release
- Broadcom Announces Beefed-Up SoCs To Power Up Draft 802.11ac Products on SmallNetBuilder (BCM4708x series announcement stuff)
On Newegg (preorder only) (source of the release date and price)