See 'WikiDevi' @ the Internet Archive (MW XML, Files, Images)
upgraded MW to 1.30 - maybe things are slightly less broken
Wireless-AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit Router
- ASUS RT-AC68U Product Page
- ASUS RT-AC68P Product Page
- ASUS RT-AC68R Product Page
- ASUS RT-AC68W Product Page
Model Part Num: 90IG00C1-BM3000
- This certification also applies to the RT-AC68R.
This device would seem to be running Linux kernel 126.96.36.199 (brcmarm).
Note: A tag line of 802.11ac Concurrent Dual-band AC1900 Router
- (600Mbps/2.4GHz*+1300Mbps/5GHz) w/ ASUSWRT source
- to the RT-AC68U, RT-AC68U v2, RT-AC69U.
- The ASUS logo, "RT-AC68U" and "REV 1.60" is silkscreened on the board.
- The manufacturer stated in the test report is Askey Technology (Jiangsu) Ltd..
Per the FCC photos...
- The SoC used would seem to be BCM4708A0/BCM4709A0
- (BCM470[8/9]A0KFEBG, TT1311 P10, 272573-04 B18 (??)).
- Visual inspection of actual product confirms BCM4708A.
- Two BCM4360s provide the wireless interfaces for this device.
- The shown power supply is an ASUS branded AD890326
- (100-240VAC ~ 50/60Hz, 0.8A -> 19VDC, 1.75A).
per ASUS's product page
- Expansion IFs: 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 220 mm x 160 mm x 83.3 mm
- Weight: 640 g0.64 kg
- Per SmallNetBuilder's conversation w/ Broadcom, TurboQAM
- functionality is integrated into Broadcom 802.11ac chips
- - allowing QAM256 usage in the 2.4GHz band.
- AC1900 First Look: NETGEAR R7000 & ASUS RT-AC68U on SmallNetBuilder
- ASUS RT-AC68U on C|Net (Rev A1 unit, 74:D0:2B OUI)
- The New Wireless Flagship Device or ASUS RT-AC68U on FoxNetLab
- ASUS RT-AC68U on Openitforum
Third party firmware support
- CES 2013 Day 0 - ASUS Networking Products on YouTube (3:30)
- ASUS Announces Next-Generation Wi-Fi Devices - ASUS Press Release
- Broadcom Announces Beefed-Up SoCs To Power Up Draft 802.11ac Products on SmallNetBuilder (BCM4708x series announcement stuff)
On Newegg (preorder only) (source of the release date and price)
- Asus Wireless AC networking solutions
- Asus Routers with DD-WRT firmware support
- AsusWRT Support List
- Devices ASUS Routers
T-Mobile Personal Cellspot Router (TM-AC1900)
- T-Mobile released a wireless router rebranded from the RT-AC68U.
- The T-Mobile rebranded version has a custom proprietary firmware
- that is modified for optimizing the T-Mobile Wi-Fi calling feature.
- This router requires a refundable $25 deposit (or none if qualified) for postpaid
- plan customers [$99 for retail pricing/prepaid accounts] since this is a lease.
- Notice: If you got this router as a postpaid customer, keep in mind that T-Mobile expects
- it back after you cancel your T-Mobile service or if a coverage line is disconnected
- from a family/multiple line account within 45 days after cancellation/disconnection.
- Failure to do so may incur a $99 non-return fee. If the router is returned damaged, $25.
- [This doesn't apply to prepaid customers or if bought in retail price.]